Thursday, March 7, 2019

Officer Life

Officer Life
Justin Hill
Mar 7, 2019

Local Police Thought his Life Was Over

Orangeburg police officer Carlos Vacanti thought he was going to die. Vacanti responded to a call about a a suspect stealing from parked cars.

"I remember his eyes. They were cold, the eyes of a killer." Vacanti recalled that suspenseful night and events. "There's no doubt in my mind that he wanted to to kill  me last night just because I stopped him."

According to Vacanti, the suspect had a handgun in his waistband, and began shooting when confronted on the corner of Buckley street near SC State and Claflin University. "When I heard the shot, I thought he had hit me"

Five minutes later after Vacanti's backup had arrived, the suspect was found trying to break in a house to hide from the police. The suspect was apprehended and turned into custody.

Vacanti still remembers the bone-chilling encounter saying "I still smell the gunpowder this morning. I thought I was dead." 

The suspect is due in court next month.

### 

No comments:

Post a Comment